Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Snow Tire and Frozen Daffodil Festival

It appears that Arkansas' periodic "Snow Tire and Frozen Daffodil Festival" has, again, come to a close.  Thank You, Lord.

I was house-bound for two days last week, waiting for the temperature to rise enough to begin to melt the approximately 5" of snow and the underlying inch or more of solidly frozen sleet, the latter having begun to fall upon us with a vengeance about 4 p.m. on Wednesday last.

When I consider other parts of the U.S. and what they have been through in the way of repeated, and seemingly unending, winter storms, I'm happy that Winter Storm Thor was all we had to contend with.

I'm quite content to deal with sleet and snow -- it usually doesn't stick on the tree limbs and power lines.  I was extremely thankful to awake the morning after the storm to find my furnace still running and the lights on.

We're currently experiencing rain, Spring Rain (YAY), and temps are in the high 50's.  While there are still patches of sleet/snow lingering around my yard in areas where the winter sun doesn't reach, it should all be gone, gone, gone in a day or two.

I hope all of you weathered the latest round of unpleasant weather without destruction or major inconvenience

Tomorrow is also a day.


2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Wasn't that snow beautiful? Got a feeling Spring may really be here. It is 70 degrees today. I just took a tour of the yard and am still shaking my head over how much needs to be done. Oh well, one day at a time and it will get done.
Bought my first kale plants and onion sets today. Yes!!!

rhymeswithplague said...

The jonquils are out and today Mrs. RWP saw the first yellow forsythia branches of the season. Some years we see them in January, but this year was not one of them. Four or five different snow storms and lots of ice instead.

Glad your blog has thawed out too.