Monday, August 18, 2008

Stuff & Nonsense - Sunglasses Required - Post 60


One Very Shiny Truck

While driving to the grocery store this afternoon, my attention was caught by the sun's rays reflecting off the immaculate and highly polished surface of this tanker truck. "My," I thought, "that's a photo op, for sure!"

I drove up behind the truck and found the clever, and so true, sign; that's photo #1. Driving to the side of the truck, I maneuvered myself so as not to be blinded and took a shot. That's photo #2. For the safety of the viewing public, I did not capture all the dazzling glory that met my eyes. If you enlarge the second photo, you can see how clearly the almost empty expanse of the parking lot is reflected.

I wonder how often the driver runs this behemoth through the truck wash? And, if s/he worries about low underpasses. Not only was this truck long, but it was very high!

15 comments:

cottonpicker said...

That's quite a polish job!! Glad I haul hay and don't have that job ahead of me everyday!!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen one of those. I wonder what it transports.

david mcmahon said...

Wonderful reflection. You are a polished performer, Pat

Hilary said...

Wonderful captures.. I'm still reflecting on it.. ;)

rhymeswithplague said...

Amazing! I've never seen such a thing. WOuldn't that truck be a danger to others driving down the highway?

Of course, there is that warning.

JC said...

I love pictures of things you just don't see everyday. Great post.

Oh, I love the triple daylilly, I've never seen one before. Beautiful picture.

Grace and blessing to you.

Texas Travelers said...

Great photo op for sure and a nice capture.
Well done.

thanks for the visit,
Troy

Patty said...

That is a clever sign on the back of the truck. I guess you would need sun glasses passing that baby on a sunny afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Weeeeee doggies, that is a bright truck. Maybe it carries milk! Dunno why, but it looks clean and trucks that carry milk should be clean! Nice nice pic Pat

Rune Eide said...

Well done! A good job getting all those reflections - and not the "sunny ones".

dot said...

I love the sign on the truck back! You did good to capture these photos.

Nancy said...

And I have trouble keeping my car washed! LOL That thing was shined up like it was on its way to heaven! I wonder what is hauled in a truck like that???? You got some great pics!!!!

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Sandi McBride said...

Wow...I wonder about the overpasses, too...reminds me of train too big for the tunnel in Poland that David told us about last week...hold on, let me get my sunglasses!
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Pat - Arkansas said...

To Anonymous: This is not a forum. However, I am the moderator of all comments posted and can remove any not deemed appropriate. Thanks for your inquiry, but your services are not needed.