Thursday, June 16, 2011

Books - June, 1999

Dover Clipart


For those who might wonder, I've not fallen off the face of the earth; I've been engaged in other things outside the world of blogging. I've finally started trying to construct a post or two regarding my recent visitors -- my youngest daughter, her son and a very large Afghan Hound by the name of Thule (as in Greenland). 

In the meantime, another monthly installment of books read in 1999.  
Chromosome 6 - Robin Cook
Plum Island - Nelson DeMille
Murder in the Chateau - Elliott Roosevelt
Larceny & Old Lace - Tamar Myers
Gilt by Association - Tamar Myers
Night of the Dog  (a Mamur Zapt mystery) - Michael Pearce
The Girl in the Nile - (a Mamur Zapt mystery) - Michael Pearce 
The Poet - Michael Connelly

Murder and mayhem evidently occupied my reading list this month, none of which I would recommend for the young lady of still tender years pictured above. Not being of tender years at the time, I enjoyed them all.

I'm currently reading, when I stop to take a breather, the Kindle Edition of an old, old story by H. Rider Haggard, The People of the Mist.

All the links above lead to Amazon.com, with whom I have no association other than an occasional purchase.

Tomorrow is also a day.

3 comments:

bittenbyknittin said...

I'm a Michael Connelly fan, especially the Lincoln Lawyer series. Mysteries make great summer reading!

Arkansas Patti said...

I have "People of the Mist" on my Kindle. Think I will move it up to next. I keep adding so many to my list that I forget what I have. Thanks for the reminder.

NitWit1 said...

I am still in Pride and Prejudice In chapter 57 or so. Finally one of 4 (I think) daughters got married by eloping--probably other stuff not described in the days this book was written. Another is now engaged, and one has a prospective beau. NOt sure one is looking.

I am astonished you did not necessarily marry for love, and your parents were more intend of status a good marriage elevated their reputations....seems very Victorian, which I think may be the era of the book.

Apparently military men were not elevated enough for suitors. So I would be on a very low rung of English society.