Monday, April 21, 2008

Card 2 - Post 7


I'm trying to make and send a card every week to a special fella in San Antonio who needs some hugs right now. In my stamping circles, a greeting card is sometimes described as "a hug with a fold in the middle." That's how I choose to think of my card creations. This particular card is not anything fancy; I've been told that the recipient really likes cowboy images, and I found a cowboy stamp in my stash for last week's card. I didn't have another such image that reached out and spoke to me, but I did find a cougar, a critter that a cowboy might encounter on a ride (if he was in the right part of the country.) I hope my new friend likes this one. If you'd like to send a card, too, please check out the following blog post and follow the directions to obtain his address. http://seaweedandgardenias.blogspot.com/2008/04/introducing-charles.html
Stamp image copyright by Whispers by sugarloafproducts.com
Background: Polished stone with Adirondack alcohol inks: Butterscotch, Terra Cotta and Espresso
Additional color: Copic markers
Card stock: Stampin' Up!


2 comments:

Countrygirl said...

Hey, thanks for the comments. You are right, there is something about this country. I love Texas and we hope, God willing, to go back - but this is growing on me after 13 years.
I love the card.

Sara said...

Beautiful card! I am impressed.
I have never tried stamping. I quilt, when I have the time.
Just wanted to stop by and say howdy.
Ranch Wife