Wednesday, January 12, 2011

If Winter Comes...

Winter has hardly arrived.  It's not even 30 days into the season, and I am more than ready for SPRING. While I think snow (freshly fallen) can be very beautiful, it also brings damp, bone-chilling cold. I'm already tired of taking photos of snow and icicles, mostly because I don't know how to keep warm while I'm doing it!

In keeping with my desire for something Spring-y, I offer the following from my archives -- My first photo mosaic, which I tried for the first time today.  All photos are of plants from my garden or that of Gardening Daughter, with the exception of the yellow rose, which is growing in our church garden in memory of my eldest granddaughter who died three years ago, at age 29, in a tragic automobile accident.  We call it "Christie's Rose."

(Posted by Picasa

Yay! It won't be too long before this is an actuality.   I feel better already!

My day was as busy as I had anticipated. However, my year end financial reports were in balance and I got a few more church-related odds and ends finished. That always leaves me with a feeling of accomplishment, something that (unfortunately) doesn't happen every day. 

Sweetie Pie has yet another ear infection. Poor baby!  I do wish I knew what was causing this.  I'm doctoring her as best I know how, with antibiotic ear drops left over from the last time.    If she doesn't improve by tomorrow evening, it's off to the veterinarian -- again!

It's just about time for my nightly dose of Yorkshire humor.  Our local PBS station is running early episodes of Last of the Summer Wine.  These particular ones were filmed in 1973, the first year of the series.  I'm finding them not quite as humorous as the later episodes, but it's interesting to see how the characters have developed.

Tomorrow is also a day.

10 comments:

Marvin said...

Thanks you for your beautiful reminder of spring.

Watching Last of the Summer Wine used to be a nightly ritual for my wife, and often me, too. I think we had some of the later episodes memorized. However, we cannot receive AETN's digital signal, or any other digital signal for that matter.

Hilary said...

How refreshing and beautiful.. and very much appreciated. I hope that infection improves. It's so upsetting when our critters are not well.

Arkansas Patti said...

It will be here before we know it as fast as time passes these days. We will soon be rooting in the dirt. Thanks for the glimpse.
It is 7 degrees right now.

Snap said...

Beautiful spring mosaic. The yellow rose is a beauty. Hope Sweetie Pie is better and you don't have to make a trip to the vet. It's upsetting for everyone! :D :D I have paperwork to do and keep putting it off...can't much longer ... BILLS!!!!!

bittenbyknittin said...

Since I have not yet been able to cross country ski (should be able to this weekend), I'm not quite ready for spring yet. I don't watch much TV, but I like "Law and Order: SVU". I have been streaming the first season through Netflix - while the stories are intriguing, it is a bit painful to watch the cast find its bearings.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Pat, I wasn't aware of the death of your granddaughter. How tragic.. But--I love the fact that there is a rose planted in her memory at your church.. That is so special.

Seeing the spring flowers and all of that COLOR today is wonderful.. We are still getting snow-snow-snow here.

Hugs,
Betsy

NitWit1 said...

It is 12 deg on Day 13 as I write. I am still in my robe and gown, but fixing to see if a sweat suit is going to be sufficient today. Monday the sweatsuit I chose was not, but yesterday's was.

Love the beautiful montage; may try to learn to do that someday.

Jinksy said...

Gosh! The you know all about Norah Batty's stockings! LOL Maybe some like that would keep you warm in the snow? hehehe!
Lovely flower mosaic, btw, very pleasing to the artistic eye.

George said...

Thank you for these sights and remembrances of warmer weather. We actually have had a few moments of sunshine today, which is nice even though we haven't reached 20° yet.
I hope Sweetie Pie gets better soon.

rhymeswithplague said...

Let me finish your unfinished title: If Winter comes, can Pat in Arkansas posting photographs of the flowers in Spring be far behind?

I said it, and I'm glad.

It was your photographs made me so.