Friday, May 9, 2008

And the Tree Came Tumbling Down - Post 15

My neighbor to the east of me is a pleasant woman. She and her pretty cat have been in residence for several months, and she tries to let me know if anything out of the ordinary is going to be going on at her place. Last week she told me that a crew of tree-trimmers would be working in her yard in a few days. Therefore, I was not surprised to hear the sound of a chain-saw at work this past Wednesday.
Later in the morning, while I was enjoying myself reading blogs and having a second cup of coffee, I was startled to hear a loud thud on my roof. Hmmm... that was not the pitter patter of squirrel feet, m'dear!
I went outside just in time to see another long branch fall to rest on my roof, and then watched in some unease as yet one more limb came crashing down across my chain link fence.
"We didn't hurt nothin'" the chain-saw-wielding one yelled down to me from my neighbor's roof. "No other way to get'er down."
It seems they were correct. There's no damage to my house or fence, but I was a bit unsure about it for a while. They carefully cleaned up any debris, and other than one really ugly, limbless, leafless tree by my neighbor's car port, it's hard to tell they were ever here. I'm hoping that tree will sprout some new leaves... soon.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

abb said...

That has to have been discombobulating!

I agree with you that the clover picture would be one most excellent jigsaw puzzle!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Pat,
Thank you for your visit.
Tell me your first name, please, I would to give you some flowers on my next blog.

Hilary said...

Sounds like that tree will pose less of a risk to your house now.. and I'm sure it will sprout leaves soon. If my old plum tree came back after its trauma, this one will too. :)

Jeannelle said...

That would have worried me, too!

Have a Happy Mothers Day!!!

Countrygirl said...

Wow, what a way to 'perk' up your day! So glad that it did not hurt your roof.

Did the last round of tornadoes get close to ya'll? Hope not, or if they did - that no one was injured.

Happy Mother's Day!

abb said...

I hope you haven't posted since Friday because you've been too busy. Sure do hope you survived all the bad weather that swept through your state over the weekend! Thinking of you!

imac said...

Hi Pat, yup, i would have been worried too - to see all those branches come down on my roof.
Glad no harm came to your house or even you.

My cows were taken in Austria and it was the festival of the cows coming down the mountain to the lower fields for the winter.

Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments.

cottonpicker said...

Wish I had some trees to trim! Really enjoys the photos. It's so green there.

Paula said...

Hello Pat! At my place, we heat our home with wood so we take regular excursions out to "trim" some trees. It's weird, I know, but I love the smell of chainsaw and cut wood! I probably would have been outside sniffin' the air while they worked!

Suldog said...

Pat:

Thanks much for stopping by over at my place - and for the very kind words! I hope my future posts will engender as much praise from you!

Jim Sullivan

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Whew! Glad you and your house are ok!