Monday, May 19, 2008

Odd Shot Monday # 1 - Post 19




Almost every Monday, my friend BG and I have lunch at the same local burger joint. At the table next to us today were an older couple accompanied by their only grandchild --and Bearsy, her constant companion, as we discovered. If having a teddy bear sitting at a restaurant table in her own chair isn't a conversation-opener, I don't know what would be. We had a delightful, if brief, conversation with the grandparents (and shy smiles from the child) and learned that Bearsy always sits at table with them, and always has her own meal --eventually consumed by Grandpa. Today, Bearsy was evidently famished, because that burger is almost bigger than she is. Bearsy was most agreeable when I asked politely if she would allow me to take a photo. This is my first "Odd Shot," taken just because it tickled my fancy to do so.



More Odd Shots can be found at Katney's Kaboodle and through comments to her own Odd Shot Monday post.

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Welcome to Odd Shots! I love the idea of taking a bear to lunch, it must be wonderful for the grandchild.Thanks for visiting.

dot said...

Now that is a very cute picture and story!

Katney said...

We have a regulary weekly meal at a fast food place with a clown, but a bear is a bit much. No, the clown's name is not Ronald, though he was once asked to be him for this region. And the current venue for our meal does not serve burgers.

Countrygirl said...

Great idea! How cute that the bear goes with her too. Our daughter had a palamino stuffed horse, Toby, who went everywhere with her. She still has him, she's 28 now.

Marvin said...

So cute I can bearly stand it. Great find and capture.

Hilary said...

That's adorable.. it makes a great photo.

Patty said...

How cute, what great grandparents to go along with the child and Bearsy. Nice photo.

Suldog said...

I don't suppose it would surprise you to find out that MY WIFE and I had a teddy as our ring bear(er) for our wedding.

No, I didn't think so.

Kay said...

This is so cute and I enjoyed the story that went with it. I was imagining my granddaughter doing something like that when she gets a little older.