Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend - Post 22

The flag of the United States of America pictured at left is a small tribute on my part to the many men and women who have given their lives to and in the service of this country. Neither politics nor the folly of war diminish in any way my thanks to those who, over the years of our country's history, have been put in harm's way, and who have paid the ultimate price. May you rest in eternal Peace.

OTHER THINGS: Thank you, everyone, for all the kind comments you've left on my blog postings. I truly appreciate your visits and the encouragement you've given. I've tried to visit as many of the multitude of this week's SKY WATCH FRIDAY entries as possible, and in all visits have left a comment in appreciation of the wonderful photos from around the world. I continue to be amazed and thankful for the vistas that have been opened to me through the Internet. If I haven't made it to your SWF post yet, please know that I plan to do so, Lord willing (see following paragraph.)


I am posting this just before taking down (forever) my old computer. It's been "acting up" for some days now, and my computer guru has diagnosed an imminent hard drive failure. He says I've been fortunate to stay "alive" (although not "well") as long as I have.

So... I've acquired a new computer and am now faced with the daunting task (for this old person, anyway) of first installing my DSL software so I'll have a connection to the outside world, and then all the other programs upon which I've come to depend. With good fortune, and a few prayers, I hope to be back in operation in the next day or so. Look for me when you see me coming!

Wishing everyone, everywhere, a nice weekend!

9 comments:

Jeannelle said...

The flag photo is a very appropriate tribute!

A prayer for you as you set up your new computer!! I'm sure it will go well, and what fun for you to have a new one!

Hilary said...

I have no doubt you'll do just fine, Pat. Let us know when you're up and running. :)

Patty said...

I know exactly how you feel. I didn't get a brand new one, this HP my husband had and got himself a new one, so I got his old one, But getting it to look the way I want, taking files off my old Dell to put on here, took me from Friday till Sunday of last week and I still don't quite have it the way I like. Plus this one has Vista which I think I will like once I get use to it. Hang in there it will get better.

Louis la Vache said...

Pat, "Louis" appreciates your Memorial Day post and for pausing to honor those who paid the ultimate price that we should remain a free people.

"Louis" also thanks you for visiting San Francisco Bay Daily Photo and for your comment at "Louis's" Memorial Day post.

Louis la Vache said...

Pat, here is a brief history of Admiral Nimitz I had posted at "The Frog Blog" on the anniversary of Admiral Nimitz's death:
anniversary of his death.

Louis la Vache said...

With all the troubles "Louis" keeps hearing or reading that people have with Windows/Vista OS computers, it amazes him that the whole world isn't turning to the Mac. You are the sixth person "Louis" has encountered in the last week that has had a non-Mac system bite the dust. These problems are very, very rare in the Mac environment. The OS is robust and the graphics are superb. Once you Mac you won't go back! (And set up is a snap - no where near the brain damage you suffer setting up a Microsoft system!)

(Just what you need is some smart-aleck rubbing it in, right?)

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Pat, thanks for visiting my blog. I like your Garfield quote - he was born right down the road from me - about a mile and my church is Garfield Memorial! Have a nice Memorial Day.

Neva said...

What a nice tribute for Memorial Day. Thank you so much for stopping by.....I , too, am trying to work my way through all the Sky Watchs'...mostly because they are so awesome....I have been trying to do yard work outside and when I come in my eyelids fall down on themselves so I am waaayyyy behind in my skywatching! Sounds like you got your computer up and running......good for you....

Livio Bonino said...

Have a nice memorial day