Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mothers' Day 2008 - Post 17


I had a lovely Mothers' Day with the two of my four children who were close to home on that day. My eldest daughter was taking a long-overdue vacation with her husband and having a good time in Gatlinburg, TN. My youngest daughter lives with her husband and son on the island of Okinawa, Japan. I had telephone calls from both on Sunday. Not quite like having them here, but much appreciated.

I enjoyed a wonderful Sunday dinner with my middle daughter and three of her four children after church, then shared an evening meal with my son and his family.

Edited 5/17/08: The photo is of four generations of my family gathered at my son's home: my son and his wife; their two daughters; the husband of the elder daughter and their two children; and some crabby old woman who insisted on being in the photo.

I am most pleased to have a four-generations snapshop; it's not often enough that we are all together, since my elder granddaughter and her family live in San Antonio, TX.


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Countrygirl said...

What a beutiful bunch of folks! It's so great to put pictures to names!

Thanks!

Mental P Mama said...

A rare multi-generation picture is always a pleasure to see! Beautiful!.

Suldog said...

I have a snapshot at home, from around 1965, of myself (age 8) with my Mom (33, at the time), my Grandmother (59), and my Great-Grandmother (possibly 90?), when we were visiting her in Florida. It was the only time I ever met her, so far as I know. I've got to find that shot and take a look at it again; stir up some memories. Thanks for bringing it to mind!

Catherine said...

"If wrinkles must be written upon our brows, let them not be written on the heart". Ilove your quote. How I would appreciate that my mother (my 2 grand-mothers are no more with us)write a blog for my children (her grand-children).
All your family is lucky to have you, retired, but so young in your heart!

Ranch wife said...

Loved the photo! What a beautiful bunch! Glad you had them for Mother's day.
Love the sky photo as well.
~M~

Lyana said...

Hey grandma!

I just wanted to say hey, and I hope you are having great days.

I love the photo of all of us, could you please send me a copy at lyana_snow@yahoo.com

Love you,

Lyana

Rick Rosenshein said...

Hi Pat,
Thank you for vising my blog. Your blog looks great. Thank you for sharing it with everyone. Rick