Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Posted by Picasa

You can tell it's been several years since I made this greeting card, because the postage stamp I used as the focal image was, at the time, current postage.  I made this in a rubber stamping class taught by my friend, Sheila.   I sent the original card to my sister in Virginia, but I scanned it before I put it in the mail.

I'm glad I saved the image because, as I perused my Picasa files for 'heart-y' things, I thought this one would do quite well to convey my Valentine's Day greetings to my blog readers.

Pretend you got one just like this in the mail today.  You will cherish it, of course, and for a few days display it proudly on your mantel, or on the highly polished table next to your favorite chair; some prominent place where you can see it and feel all warm and fuzzy inside because that woman in Arkansas thinks you're SPECIAL!

The card pictured above is probably a more appropriate greeting for the general reader than the one I posted a few weeks ago, "Bosom Buddy."  But, if you'd rather be my bosom buddy, you can pretend you got that one in the mail.

I hope you are looking forward to, having, or had a wonderful day.  I will work in the church office this morning, and this afternoon I will babysit my six year old granddaughter. Perhaps we'll make Valentines for her parents and sisters and eat a few pieces of chocolate candy.

Tomorrow is also a day.

5 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Thanks Pat. You are a sweetie. Loved it and the 33 cent postage.
Enjoy your day, sounds quite special.

NitWit1 said...

Happy Valentine Day to you and THanks for the thought.

I'm spending the day quietly trying to get rid o bronchitis and cough, cough cough.

It is going to e a beautiful day, and reminder of spring nearby. My sister swears she has a naked lady sprouting, which is far too early in Texas.

Hilary said...

It is indeed a lovely card.. one to be cherished. Thanks for posting it. You do lovely work.

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Your work is so lovely......thanks so for sharing........

xo

abb said...

Loverly! Hope your day is filled with good things!