Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tiny Todd Asiatic Lily

Lilium asiaticum 'Tiny Todd' PP16170

 
Last year, I planted several of these pretty pink Asiatic lilies in a bed on the west side of my carport.  They seem to enjoy the bright sun they get during the day and they, in turn, brighten my day when they start to bloom.  Although the plants are relatively short, the blooms are not tiny, as the name might lead you to believe, but are are about 4.5" across, not as large as some lily blooms, but still of substantial size. 

I've been checking periodically to see if there are signs of new growth.  I hope they overwintered and will bloom again, even more abundantly.

Today's Flowers is a weekly Meme created by Luiz Santilli, Jr. and currently hosted by Luiz Santilli, Jr., Denise in Virginia, Laerte Pupo and Sandy Carlson.  I invite you to visit Today's Flowers to see lovely flowers from all around the world. If you have a flower photo of your own to share, information about joining the group may be found on the 'Procedure' page.


11 comments:

Hilary said...

They're beautiful. If you're already checking for signs of growth, you're way ahead of us. We just got a few more inches of snow overnight.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Pat, What a gorgeous asiatic lily.. Can't wait til Summer when all of our Lilies are growing... They smell heavenly...

Have a great Sunday.
Hugs,
Betsy

Peter said...

My wife Laura's family name is Todd, and she only just made it above 5 feet tall, so "Tiny Todd" must be the flower for her! I like the tricycle in the previous post, it looks like a really good way to travel (if your roads are not too full of larger vehicles). It is good to be reminded of flowers and beautiful things, I was amused (in a nice way) to picture you out there in the garden "checking for signs of growth". It is nice to know that spring is getting nearer for you.

Arija said...

I do love lilies in all their forms but particularly the perfumed variety. These little ones are so pretty and great to have in the foreground of a bed.

I wonder, did you see my blogpost today or just the guest friend picture?

Tracy said...

Oh, in my gardens in Ohio, I had a variety of Asiatic Lillies and goodness, they were gorgeous; much like yours. I wish I had brought them to NC with me...thanks for sharing your flowers to bring me memories!

lotusleaf said...

They are very pretty.

George said...

This is a gorgeous lily. We haven't noticed any growth from our lilies yet, but, like you, we are hopeful that they survived and multiplied.

Shug said...

Hi Pat...My name is Shug and I'm a new visitor to your blog...Love the lilies...Is this the same as a "Star Gazer?" If not, they sure resemble.. The star gazer is my favorite of all and the smell is so super sweet...
Enjoyed your post..
Have a Blessed week...
Shug

Marvin said...

Beautiful. We tried some new lilies last year, but they turned out to be expensive deer browse.

Unknown said...

lovely pale pink lily.

Today's Flowers

Arkansas Patti said...

I do like that one. I am glad that it is short. Somehow, I like low growing plants.
I am getting excited about getting my hands dirty. Experimented with some Romaine lettuce in my hanging baskets Sunday. I know it is too early but we will see.