Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On a Mission

Trumpeter Swans in Flight
Photo by Gerald Plowman

A few days ago, I wrote about Trumpeter Swans in Arkansas.  Today, Gardening Daughter, my six year old granddaughter, and  my great-granddaughter (age 18 months) are making a journey to Magness Lake, a little over 60 miles north of where we live, to see if we can get a glimpse (and a few photos) of these magnificent birds before they depart.  Fortunately, it's warmed up considerably, so we won't have to climb snow drifts to see them-- assuming they are still there.

If you can't wait to find out more about Trumpeter Swans, there's a wealth of information at the Trumpeter Swan Society website, the link to which is shown immediately below the photograph.

Wish us success.  I'll let you know what we find.

Tomorrow is also a day.

6 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Take pictures Pat. I will check that site to see when last chance to visit is. Hope I don't miss it.

~mel said...

They are so pretty. My daughter has a pair of trumpeter swans that nest by the creek where she lives. She gets to enjoy seeing them all summer long before they head south each winter... and anxiously awaits their arrival each spring. Thanks for sharing!

Hilary said...

Oh I hope you get to see them.. such wonderful creatures. Have a great time, Pat.

abb said...

Those are the native swans? I know there's an invader species. Hope you get LOTS of great photos!

Jen said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Hope you get lots of great pics.

NitWit1 said...

Can't wait until you get back. I have read bout the trumpeter swans . I hope they are still there and you don't forget your camera!