Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm Milking This One for All It's Worth



There are times when I am floored (almost) by what I stumble across while 'surfing' the Internet.   Is there anything, anything at all, that has not been recorded for curious browsers? (rhetorical question - I don't necessarily need to know that your great Aunt Nellie's bunion did not warrant a Wikipedia mention.)

Today's tidbit of information (a short read) I found while looking for 'things that happened on this date' and I felt I just had to share it with  my blogger friends.   It was my chuckle for the day.  Have no fear; all my links are 'clean.'  And, actually, what's reported was an historical event.  Enjoy!



Tomorrow is also a day.

10 comments:

abb said...

It's good to learn something new each day. Wonder if any other cows have flown since...

George said...

This is something I did not know! I'm glad you milked this historical happening for all it was worth.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well---I'll be a monkey's uncle!!! Heard that one, Pat?

I've never heard of that one!!! OH---what one can learn from reading the internet.... It's amazing, isn't it??????

Old Nellie Jay did blaze a trail, didn't she??? ha

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Moannie said...

Good grief!

I so remember these bottles [well, not these exactly] sometimes the birds would have pecked off the tops and drank the milk, and in winter the milk would freeze and rise up in a column of frozen cream.

Mimi Foxmorton said...

I also remember them.
And the cardboard circle top.
We had them in a small size for school snack. They were delivered by the actual milk man!

I think that if we went back to having a milk man the world would be a nicer place.

:)

Hilary said...

I would be.. ummm bummed if they didn't name that airline "Dairy Air" ;)

Arkansas Patti said...

No way I could top Hilary.
Makes one wonder what other firsts we are ignorant of:))
I do remember those bottles and the cream on the top.

Anonymous said...

I loved milk in glass milk bottles. Especially those they had before pasteurization and homogenized milk came out. The cream would settle in the top part of the bottle and you could pour that off and use it separate from the milk.

rhymeswithplague said...

Abe...the cream doesn't "settle"...it rises to the top.

Marvin said...

I can't believe we didn't study this event in history class. While Elm Farm Ollie was the first cow transported and milked in an airplane, we all know the first cow in space was the cow that jumped over the moon.